How’s it going? Yes, its been a while. Wow, you look great too.
Rather than a big New Year’s Resolution, I decided to spend 2016 with a series of smaller monthly challenges.
This is what I put together for January:
- Take vitamins every day
- Meditate every day
- Read Sandman Preludes & Nocturnes
- Drink no more than one cup of coffee per day
- Ship books to Paul
- Develop my monthly challenges for February
Here’s the reasoning and comments.
My doctor said I need a little more B Vitamin in my life, so I am following orders. Plus, it is a healthy thing to do. A lot of my goals center around improving my overall health. For the record, I take a Multivitamin, Fish Oil, and Glucosamine/Chondroitin.
How did I do? I did fine. I took vitamins almost every day. I think I may have missed one or two days, at most.
Meditate Every Day
This one was an experiment. I have no idea if this is going to help, or make me feel better, lower my anxiety and stress, and all of that. Maybe it will though. Who knows? I signed up for a year of Headspace to help with with this.
How did I do? I did great! At least at first. Then I started to slack. I missed a day or two towards the middle of the month, and that opened the floodgates of slacking off. I meditated about half the days in the month.
Sandman Preludes and Nocturnes
Thanks to some great friends (Thanks Dave and Walter!), I have a set of the Absolute Sandman books. They are glorious in their oversized, remastered majesty. I wanted to re-read the entire saga last year, but didn’t get to it. I will this year. And yes, I have to schedule my leisure activities or they won’t happen.
How did I do? I read it. I may try to collect my thoughts one of these days.
Drink one cup of coffee a day
I have enough stress and anxiety in my life. I don’t need to drink a ton of coffee and drain my adrenal glands and burn out my stomach. Not to mention the poor sleep.
How did I do? For the most part, I stuck to this one. There was a day or two with a client visit at work with all-day meetings, and I think I dipped into the black cauldron a few more times those days.
Ship Books To Paul
I picked up a book for my buddy at Comic-Con last year. In July. I still hadn’t shipped it. I put this on the list to make sure I would get this done. It worked. Books arrived on his doorstep yesterday.
Develop A Monthly Plan For February
Done. Here is what I have coming up in February, with some comments:
- Take Vitamins every day – Continued from last month
- Meditate every day – Continued from last month, I’m going for 100% attendence this month
- Read Sandman Doll’s House – Once again, scheduling my leisure activity
- Open an Investment Account – This is one I’ve been meaning to do for a while. Time to invest my excess income, now that I have my cash savings about where I want them.
- Drop 10 pounds by February 29 – I got fat over the holidays. Time to quickly work on that. Ten pounds may seem like a lot, but it is doable for me if I get my diet and exercise in gear.
- Develop my monthly challenges for March – Wow, the year is already 10% complete!
I have a psuedo goal to write on more frequently, and to draw more, though nothing is formalized.